Thursday 1 September 2011

Real Techniques Blush Brush

I'm sure many of you watch the amazing tutorials by Pixiwoo - the Chapman sisters are incredibly beautiful, talented and are a real inspiration to all us makeup lovers ;). I was really excited when I heard that Sam was bringing out her own line of brushes as I truly value her judgment and expertise. I have been trialing a few of the brushes from the Real Techniques line and have to say that I am extremely impressed with them!

First up for review is the Blush Brush.
The blush brush is made of synthetic taklon bristles, which are hand-cut for the perfect shape and 100% cruelty-free. The pink handle is sturdy, yet light and allows the brush to stand up on its own. The bristles are extremely soft and feel amazing, yet they are robust enough not to fan out and work perfectly to blend both powder and cream products. I love using this brush for blushers, highlighters and even contour powders or bronzers as the tapered tip makes shading accurate and smooth. What I love most about this brush though is the fact that it doesn't shed! I have found that many other brushes of a similar shape/ style (particularly the MAC duo fibre stippling brushes) shed horrendously, especially after washing, but this brush remains in tact and fluffy as ever.


These brushes are impeccably designed and competitively priced. I highly recommend you check them out if you are looking to invest in some great quality, professional brushes. The blush brush retails at £9.99 ($8.99) and can be purchased in the UK from Victoria Halth here or in the US from Ulta here.

Have you tried any Real Techniques brushes? What are your thoughts? xxx
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. wow how can they be so much cheaper in the US :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the face core collection and I love them all, but unfortunately the buffing brush started to lose huge clumps of hair after I washed it once. I'm so sad about it as it's a gorgeous brush. The others are really excellent though, think I may have just had a dud one.

    You can see what happened to it:
    http://athingforbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/08/brush-disaster.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're not cheaper in the US, it's just the currency exchange. It's probably a bit more, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, just checked it, it is way more expensive for you guys in the UK! I'm shocked. $8.99 USD is about 5 British Pounds. No idea why it's cheaper in the US then, unless it's manufactured in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have her stippling brush and her set of eye brushes. There's one from the set I don't use, but the rest of them are amazing! My next one to get is this blush brush because I've heard amazing things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the blue handled starter kit and absolutely love them! My plan is to buy the lot, the Deluxe crease brush is amazing for concealer, no shedding, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try Sam's brushes, but refuse to when English customers are being so spectacularly ripped off.

    They look fab, but why should I pay £9.99 when my friends in the US have bought it for around £5?

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig