Monday 26 July 2010

Fun in the weekend sun.

This weekend was lovely, but rather hectic (as per usual). It seems that often I look forward to the quiet days, but there is just too much fun to be had in London. So today I am squeezing two outfits into one post, akin to my weekends...

This dress is from Kookai *gasp*, do you remember Kookai? I have seen the odd Kookai corset lurking around House of Fraser (and select stores in France), but long gone are the days when they could be found on every high street. It's a shame really, as they did have some lovely, structured dresses. I may be giving away my age, but this dress is about 5 years old, and I still love it. It has boning in the top portion, which keeps it in place, is shaped beautifully to fit every curve, and even has a little pleat in the back for comfort when walking (pencil skirt designers take note, I would like to walk with my knees more than 2 inches apart every now and again lol). I wore this dress with white heels and a casual shawl for the evening. I love versatile pieces that can easily take you from lunch with friends, to tea and a few glasses of bubbly to a Summer garden party.
I also wore this beautiful gold necklace that was sent to me by the lovely Zoe from Junk Jewels. I am usually a fan of bold, costume jewelry as I am tall (and not the smallest person in the world overall), so I feel I can carry it off better than really soft, delicate pieces. However, I had so many compliments on this necklace that it completely won me over.
I'm not sure of you can pick up the detail in the photo (well any detail other than my horrible freckles), but inside the little book are the words Je t'aime. I thought this was so lovely, right up until my bf saw it and enquired (euphemism for got huffy and demanded to know) who had given me such a romantic gift... hehe ;).

On to a more casual Sunday...
This is a cat print playsuit I fell in love with on ASOS. Although I feel a little bit like an overgrown toddler in it, the print is just too adorable (and strangely reminscent of Miu Miu, which makes me like it even more).

Hope you had a fun weekend my lovelies! I think I need another weekend to rest after my weekend ;). Does anyone else find that to be the case pretty much every week? xxx
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Definitely! I'm always shattered on a Monday morning after the weekend! I love the playsuit and the cute gold pendant!
    Kat x Click&Make-Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw love the playsuit! I havent worn one for years, not sure if I have the confidence to wear one now! Love the necklace too :) Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the playsuit is ADORABLE! i was going to say, it looks very similar to miu miu hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress looks so girly i love it! question though i saw in ur room u had like a bunch of nail polishes where did u get the stands for it?

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig