Tuesday 21 April 2009

My romantic long weekend in Lille.

Those of you following me on twitter may know that my lovely bf surprised me with a trip to France for Valentines day. Unfortunately we could not go until last weekend as he studies medicine so does not get very much time off around Easter. As I have not updated my blog for a while I thought I would share with you some pictures from the trip :).
On Friday morning we got up at 5am to catch the Eurostar, yawn! When we left London it was raining, and when we arrived in France it was pouring so we spent most of the day in museums and art galleries, as well as drinking plenty 'chocolat chaud' to keep us going. We also found a street full of dinosaur babies.. grrr.Thankfully our hotel was right in the main plaza (about 20m away from Sephora hehe) so after a lovely seafood dinner we decided to get an early night.

This is a picture of the makeup I wore on the second day and our room in the background. It had really old french furniture, which I love!

On Saturday we had an early breakfast at the hotel and went to explore. We visited the old citadel and the zoo. I love animals so it was a lot of fun!
(This photo reminds me of comparethemeerkat.com. If you live in the UK you will know what I mean hehe).

We then went to a fare, where my bf showed off his shooting skills and won me a giraffe, which is my favourite animal.
We then took a bus tour through town.We finished off our day with dinner in the student quarter and cocktails in a trendy bar.He loves taking awful action shots, I do not remember what was going on here, but this is a perfect example.. eek!!

The next day we visited a market and relaxed in the sun with a couple of tasty ice creams :). Surprisingly we were upgraded to first class on the way back so had plenty of champagne and wine to make the homeward journey more pleasant :). I hope you all had a lovely Easter break!!
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. you guys make a gorgeous couple - & love your outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had loads of fun :)
    Cute couple :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look soooo gorg! i am going to france in a month! you should do a travel makeup kit cuz i am already contemplating what to bring with me hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a long romantic weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lovely time! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice pictures! :) I hope to go somewhere soon to....

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a lovely blog post hun :)
    Loved the meerkat picture. Soooo cute
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely surprise - looks like you had a fantastic time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I SOOOOOOO love Paris! It is so cosmopolitan but has a nice relaxing thing to it... Great surprise hein? Hope you enjoyed t the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww you guys are so cute! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, looks like you had a great time :) Those dinosaur babies look a little scary though...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that outfit in the last pic of you!!sounds like the perfect weekend away!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey...
    I just moved from paris to sydney at the same time my best friend moved from paris to lille...i lived in france for 3 years and didnt have the chance to go to Lille...and now thanks to your pictures i can imagine my best friend's life there! hope to go back to france one day :(
    thank u!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehe, comparethemeerkat.com. I thought that before I read your comment, I love him! Looks like u had a lovely time, what a lovely bf, u guys r very cute :) I love your make-up in your title pic, with the cat, gorg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your story was extremely touching. Your expressiveness demonstrates what an incredible connection you had with this other person and I can sympathize and relate to every word

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pictures =)
    I was wondering what camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig